Days 1-7: Wash
Wash daily to remove bacteria, build-up of product and oils, and dead skin.
Gently wash your eyebrows each morning and night with water and a gentle soap like Dove Soap, Cetaphil, or Neutrogena. With a very light touch, use your fingertips to gently cleanse the eyebrows. Rub in one direction only over the area in a smooth motion for 10 seconds and rinse with water ensuring that all soap is rinsed away. To dry, gently pat with a clean tissue. DO NOT use any cleansing products containing acids (glycolic, lactic, or AHA), or exfoliants. Wait 10mins to air dry further before putting on supplied lotion. If you shower, keep your face/procedure area out of the water while you wash your body, then, at the end of your shower, wash your hair.
Days 1-7 Moisturize
Apply a rice grain amount of aftercare ointment with a clean finger and spread it across the treated area. Be sure not to over-apply, as this will suffocate your skin and delay healing. The ointment should be barely noticeable on the skin. NEVER put the ointment on a wet or damp tattoo.
Extra tips to help with a smooth and easy recovery:
- Use a fresh pillowcase while you sleep.
- Let any scabbing or dry skin naturally exfoliate away. Picking can cause scarring or loss of colour.
- No facials, botox, chemical treatments or microdermabrasion for AT LEAST 4 weeks.
- Avoid hot, sweaty exercise for one week.
- Avoid direct sun exposure or tanning for 4 weeks after the procedure. Wear a hat when outdoors. Use sunscreen once healed!!
- Avoid long, hot showers, steam rooms and Saunas for the first 10 days.
- Avoid sleeping on your face for the first 10 days.
- Avoid face-down swimming, lakes, and hot tubs for the first 10 days,
- Avoid topical makeup and sunscreen on the area until fully healed.
- DO NOT rub, pick, or scratch the treated area. Even when itchy!
Remember, with the proper prep and aftercare routine, you will have much better results with your microblading procedure.